RESEARCH AND WORK FOCUS
- Sectoral energy demand estimates, industrial structural change, foreign trade of energy-intensive semi-finished products and energy-efficient goods
- Rational use of energy in industry, the service sector and private households, including barrier analyses and evaluation of energy and climate policy instruments
- Energy efficiency indicators, methods of technology foresight andR&D priority setting, material efficiency
AWARDS AND HONOURS
2014 Environmental Science Award by B.A.U.M.
2009 Bayer Award of Climate Research
- 2007 Scientific award “Commitment for sustainable development” for outstanding contribution Fondatione Energia et Gestore Servici Electtrici, Florence
2007 Co-Laureate of partial Nobel Prize for IPCC, Stockholm
- 2006 Reward for climate protection by German Federal Minister Gabriel. Publishin of the stamp “climate protection concerns all”
2005 Personal member of Swiss Academy of Technical Sciences SATS.
2001 Federal Cross of Merit by the German President for his interdisciplinary research and work on efficient use of energy and his bridge building between science, industry, and administration in this area
1998 honorary professorship at the University of Kassel